Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI)
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
3535 N.W. 58th Street, Suite 500
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
405-951-3400 or 800-845-8476
Office Locator: 1-800-487-4042 (menu prompts direct you to appropriate office)
Office Locator: https://www.okdrs.gov/node/main-office-listing
DRS Website: https://oklahoma.gov/okdrs.html or www.okdrs.gov
DRS provides employment, training, and other types of services for individuals with disabilities. If you have a visual impairment, find the office that can serve you by checking the Office Locator on the DRS website, or by calling 1-800-487-4042 and responding to the prompts. Be sure to indicate that you have a visual disability.
The Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI) provides:
• Vocational rehabilitation services (help to prepare for, get or keep a job)
• Instructional services to help individuals with low vision or blindness to learn skills, techniques and resources for living independently and working
• The State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (OLBPH)
• Business Enterprise Program (vending facility management)
• Older Blind Program for age 55 and over provides help in adjusting to vision loss, learning new skills for living independently, and finding resources in the community
• Older Blind Support Groups
Oklahoma Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
300 N.E. 18th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
• Provides free audio books, periodicals and braille books on loan.
• Provides free audio book players.
• Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Center provides educational materials and technology for children and youth with visual disabilities.
• The Oklahoma Telephone Reader allows patrons to access local news articles and other information by phone.
• Audio access to major newspapers through NFB Newsline.
Oklahoma School for the Blind
Muskogee, OK 74403
• Provides residential and day education, and outreach programs at no charge for Oklahoma children who are blind or visually impaired from infancy through 12th grade.
• Serves as a statewide resource for the education of blind and visually impaired children in the public schools.
• Low Vision Rehabilitation Services
• Employment opportunities
• Community programs
• OKC Center for Low Vision and Blindness, 4301 N. Classen Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73118, 855-811-9699
• Tulsa Center for Low Vision and Blindness, 5350 East 31st Street, #302, Tulsa, OK 74135, 855-811-9699